5 Steps for planning the most memorable Valentine’s Day
Are you ready for an extraordinarily sexy Valentine’s Day? I mean, like one for the record books? But are you just a teensy bit unsure whether your guy will know exactly how to pull it off?
Let’s face it, girls, unless your man rides a white horse, sports tights and answers to the name “Prince Something”, chances are he could use a little help from you in the planning department.
Luckily this isn’t the dark ages so we Modern Girls with Mojo can feel free to take matters into our own hands and ensure that Valentine’s Day is fabulous! Whether you offer a little help or a lot your guy will love your straightforwardness. Also, if you focus your attention on what will please him, it will pay you dividends. There’s nothing sexier than a happy guy . . .
So what’s the best way to prepare for Valentine’s Day? What’s the best way to reinvigorate your mojo and ensure the hottest night ever? Are you ready for this fun little twist?
It’s Girls Night In! Yes – in. With the girls. Here’s why:
Your friends all have their own love lives, their own sexy experiences, their own stories – and their own techniques – all of which make them a fantastic wealth of information. Why not tap into this booty-ful bounty – and share the wealth! This is truly a win-win-win. Why girls night “in”, you ask? When you’re in an intimate and safe setting – such as your own home – you can talk freely about sex without the prying ears of others and without shouting over loud music to be heard. Invite your best girlfriends over for some chilled cocktails and warm snacks and cozy up on the couch together. Don’t forget paper and pen. You’re gonna wanna take notes!
Here are my 5 steps for throwing the perfect Girls Night In:
1. Think intimate. Four close friends who are comfortable together is ideal. Your guests will feel freer to talk openly. Large groups can get unruly. Email a playful and enticing invitation that will set the stage for frisky fun!
2. Set the mood. Enjoy creating a sexy atmosphere with candles, flowers, soft lighting. Stir up a signature cocktail for the occasion for those who might need a little liquid courage. Mojo Mojitos, anyone? And don’t forget the sultry tunes. Try Portishead, Pink Martini, Chris Isaac, Prince or any slow burning R ‘n’ B. (You mojo mavens should have at least one favorite sexy playlist all ready to cue up on your iPods anyhow, right?)
3. Ease in to the sexy talk. Once everyone has had a chance to talk about their days, they will be loosened up to get down and dirty! For girls, after all, talk is foreplay.
4. Keep it private. What happens at Girls’ Night, stays at Girls’ Night! Announce this with sincerity from the very beginning. Your guests will feel much more comfortable to open up when they know that all their juicy details will be kept on the down low.
5. Be prepared to lead the way! As hostess, your attitude will set the tone for the others. Be ready with some fun stories to share. Better still, create some conversation starters on note cards to pass out. This will give your guests somewhere to start and will keep the lusty talk flowing.
(In my next blog I’ll share some fun, sure-fire conversation starters that everyone will love!)
With all these fun new tips, tricks and techniques (Thanks, friends! Who knew!?) you will ALL feel a surge of sexy self confidence. Like a mojo a go-go! Girl Power at its sexiest. Channel all that excitement into your Valentines plans and you and your lover will be over the moon – together. Can’t you just picture it?
I have a feeling you’re going to want to do Girls’ Night In again and again . . .
With loads of love & affection,